The Sunshine Award 2014
Big thanks to Redbeanmochi from Give Me Dramas for this nomination! A bit about Redbeanmochi: she specializes in Taiwanese dramas, which she blogs about along with two fellow bloggers on Give Me Dramas. I can’t remember when I first found her blog–I guess that’s how far we go back, heheh–but ever since she has been one of my tw-drama blogger friends. So thanks again Redbeanmochi for your thoughtful nomination! 😉 Redbeanmochi gave me some questions to answer in my award post:
1) If you were to be able to go anywhere in the world right now, would it be to see a place or to see a person? (Disclaimer: Assume zero travel time, but if you were to go see that person they can’t take you around to visit places. Y’all only get to hang out doing mundane things)
I think I would go to see a person that I otherwise would have trouble seeing very often. Even if I didn’t get to go anywhere with said person, my time spent with that person would still make the trip worthwhile.
2) Pick one: Rice, Rice cakes, Rice Noodles. What’s your favourite dish involving it?
Rice, more specifically white rice. I have tried brown rice before but I didn’t like it very much. >_> I like rice because it’s versatile and can go with several different kinds of foods. I don’t really have a favorite dish with rice because I view it as something that can be eaten with anything and everything.
3) What’s a gif of your favourite moment from a drama?
I am a GIF newbie and I don’t have a GIF of my favorite drama scene. So instead I will put in a video. Obviously a GIF would not be this long but..OH WELL. This is from the final episode of The Legend of Zhen Huan:
I love this scene because there are so many emotions running through it. It is one of the climaxes of the drama, one of the most memorable moments for me. On top of that, Sun Li’s acting here is superb.
4) Siracha or Oyster Sauce?
Oyster sauce, I use it a lot!
5) What’s an upcoming drama you’re excited about?
Well there are tons of upcoming dramas that I’m looking forward to. So I’ll provide a few titles:
- Tw-drama: Mr. Right Wanted starring Sonia Sui & Christopher Lee – I’m looking forward to this drama for the cast. Both Sonia and Chris are amazing actors and I’m curious to see how they will be when they’re paired together!
- C-drama: Princess Jieyou starring Yuan Hong & Zhang Xin Yi – The short trailer for this drama really stands out from all the other upcoming c-drama trailers I’ve watched.
- J-drama: Gomene Seishun starring Nishikido Ryo & Mitsushima Hikari – WHAT? I never imagined these two collaborating together before! Plus this is coming from the screenwriter for the well-received jdrama Ama-chan! I’ll be including this in my upcoming fall jdrama post, so stay tuned. 😉
Anyways, I’ve never been nominated for The Sunshine Award before so I’m not quite sure what it means or what it’s for. (aside from showing your appreciation for other bloggers) I looked it up and, as with other blogging awards such as the Liebster, there is no definite explanation or set rules for it. The Sunshine Award has a loose set of rules and for the most part, it basically means ‘I appreciate your blog.’ I would like the award to have a deeper meaning to it, so I will offer my own interpretation for those I am nominating:
I nominate bloggers for The Sunshine Award because their writing makes me happy. These people who radiate warmth and happiness through their blog. I would like to thank these bloggers for what they do, for persevering, and also for their support. 🙂
3/5 of these bloggers I have not nominated before for an award! So yay for new nominations. Here is a little message to each blogger about why I nominated them. 😉
I always remember your blog’s tagline, “I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life”. It sticks with me for some reason. I nominate you for your Morning Dew Playlists that you put together so wonderfully. The songs you compile together make me feel relaxed and happy.
Sometimes you make me laugh, sometimes you make me sit there in silence. Your blog is not always full of the happy but that’s ok. It has been a pleasure knowing you through blogging. I feel like out of the blogger friends that I have, you are one of the ones that I get to know the most because of your honesty.
I look forward to your Photoshoot Friday series every week, it’s like a part of my weekly reading routine. You always choose such lovely photoshoots to share! Plus I am a fan of your mission Ni Ni + Beautiful!
You crack me up with every post you write. I love love love your sense of humor. Your Friday Pretty posts are the BEST!
I looked back to my previous award posts and somehow I didn’t nominate you before? How is that possible? I love talking with you NeeNee. I look up to you a lot too because you are such an experienced writer and blogger. Thanks always for your continued support. It has been so much fun going through lots of jdramas (along with some tw/cdramas) with you!
I modified the rules a bit.
- In a new post:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate five other bloggers.
- Write why you nominated these bloggers.
- Write 5 or more questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blogs.
- Put the award on your blog. (You may use the image I made for the award, but you must credit me. You may NOT crop out the credits on the image itself.)
- How do you cheer yourself up if you’re not in a good mood?
- If you could sum up your blog in one sentence, what would it be?
- How would you like to be remembered in the blogosphere? (If you already answered this question before, you may skip it if you like.)
- What is it about dramas and drama blogging that makes you happy?
- What is one of your favorite words or phrases? Give the definition/meaning & explain why you like it. (The word does not have to be in English.)
Again, thanks so much to Redbeanmochi from Give Me Dramas for nominating me for this award. Spread on the happiness everyone!